Good morning, neighbors; today is National Babe Ruth Day! It’s me again, Sylvia, your host of the Los Angeles Daily.
A shooting left a man dead in East LA Also, a whistleblower with ties to the Deutsche Bank has been found dead. Finally, a fire erupted a couple of months after the last blaze at the location.
First, today’s weather:
Low clouds and fog, then sun. High: 74, Low: 56.
Here are the top stories in Los Angeles today:
- An East Zanja neighbor is wondering if anyone has a good tree trimmer/remover they’ve used recently. (Nextdoor)
- Our Toluca Lake neighbor is giving a business shoutout to an amazing dog walker/pet sitter – Tevis Aubrey! (Nextdoor)
- A Loyola Village neighbor has a landline telephone; how can you reduce the monthly bill? The monthly fees are super high. (Nextdoor)
- A Brentwood-Montana/S. Vicente neighbor found out about an Adoption Event this Sunday at Erin McKenna’s Bakery. Meet adoptable dogs and sign up to foster! There will be a raffle and merch for sale. Bubbles Dog Rescue hopes to see you there! (Nextdoor)
- Our SoRo East neighbor is looking for a window washer for an apartment building. Any recommendations? (Nextdoor)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Gigs & services:
Loving the Los Angeles Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
Now you’re in the loop and ready to start this Wednesday off right! I’ll see you soon.
— Sylvia Cochran
About me: Sylvia Cochran works out of sunny Southern California and has been freelance writing full-time since 2005. She loves dogs, cats, books, plays Best Fiends (don’t judge), embraces social justice, and tries to live out Micah 6:8.