Alec Baldwin hands over phone for film investigation

Alec Baldwin turned his cell phone over to authorities as part of the investigation into a fatal shooting on a New Mexico film set last fall, a law enforcement official said.

Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Juan Rios said Baldwin’s phone was turned over Friday to law enforcement officers in Suffolk County, New York, who will collect the information from the phone and provide it to him. Santa Fe County investigators, the Santa Fe New Mexico informed.

In December, investigators with the sheriff’s office obtained a search warrant for the contents of the phone in their investigation into the Oct. 11 shooting at the Oxide film set at Bonanza Creek Ranch near Santa Fe.

Baldwin was an actor and co-producer, and the search warrant on his phone was looking for text messages, images, videos, calls or any other information related to the film.

Authorities have said Baldwin’s prop revolver fired a live bullet during a rehearsal, killing cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and wounding director Joel Souza.

Baldwin’s attorney, Aaron Dyer, said his client had been cooperating with authorities during the course of the investigation and that the delay in providing information from the phone did not indicate otherwise.

Alec Baldwin has said he did not pull the trigger of the gun that killed a cinematographer on set.Credit:access point

“Alec voluntarily provided his phone to authorities this morning so they can finish their investigation,” Dyer said in a statement. “But this matter is not about his phone, and there are no answers on his phone.”

Baldwin, who denied any wrongdoing in the shooting and said in a Jan. 8 Instagram message that New Mexico needed to go through the NYPD and that the process of specifying exactly what was needed took time.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published.