Emergency crews quickly douse fire caused by bird on a power line - Kelowna News - petsitterbank

Emergency crews quickly douse fire caused by bird on a power line – Kelowna News

Bird on wire causes fire

UPDATE 10:52 am

Kelowna Fire Department platoon captain Scott Clarke tells Castanet Thursday morning’s fire on Creekside Rd. was caused by wildlife.

“It was a bird that landed on the on the wire and I guess he shorted out between the wire and a transformer and fell into some shrubs and caught the shrubs on fire.”

Clarke says the fire was quickly extinguished before it could spread to any other structures and FortisBC attended the scene to inspect their equipment.

“Everything else was fine,” Clarke says.


ORIGINAL 8:27 am

Emergency crews are on scene of what appears to be a fire in the 1300 block of Creekside Rd. Thursday morning.

Eyewitness reports indicate that a transformer in the area may have blown and caused a fire that spread to grass in the area.

Fire crews have now extinguished the blaze.

Castanet has reached out to the Kelowna Fire Department for more details.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published.