The third and final day of the Ocala Breeders’ Sales March Sale of 2-Year-Olds in Training under tack show concluded March 13 with the sun shining on the track after a tornado touched down in the area the day prior. The fastest time for an eighth-mile of :09 4/5 was shared by six juveniles in the final session.
- Hip 437: a colt by Mor Spirit , aptly named Mor Speed, brought in the first of the fastest times today. Consigned by Wavertree Stables, agent he is out of the Indian Charlie Mare Follow My Tail. The winning dam has already produced multiple stakes-placed proofsinthepuddin and red raider . Ciaran Dunne picked this Texas-bred from The July Sale, Fasig-Tipton’s select yearling sale, for $160,000 last year.
- Hip 438: Top Line Sales, agent feels a Bolt d’Oro Colt out to fly across the track. The Kentucky-bred colt first went through the sales ring at the Keeneland September Sale, selling for $200,000. He is a half sibling to stakes winner Foolish Humor from the family of grade 1 winning sire get stormy who recently passed away.
- Hip 534: came out mid-afternoon in the sunshine to show the boys what she could do. The chestnut filly by Midshipman is consigned by Cruzin’ Thoroughbreds, agent and carries black-type winner Calendar Girl by way of her second dam. Bred in Kentucky by the University of Kentucky, she changed hands at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky October Yearling Sale for $10,000.
- Hip 544: a filly by Shackleford who initially sold for $40,000 at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky October Sale, is consigned by Longoria Training and Sales, agent. The Kentucky-bred filly is out of the unraced Dixie Union mare Key Is to Win, a half sister to stakes winner King of Dreams and Tiz the Key dam of current phenom Tiz the Bomb .
- Hip 545: year Uncaptured colt consigned by Hawk’s Rest is making his first time through the sales ring for breeders Sherry R. Mansfield and Kenneth H. Davis. The Florida-bred colt is family to Puerto Rico’s two-time champion imported older horse Deland . His 3rd dam is Florida stakes winner Pretty Star .
- Hip 631: a colt by Goldencents out of the Stormy Atlantic mare Ms Hallie. He is consigned by Jose Munoz and carries grade 1 winner In Summation and stakes-placed Dakota Duke under his third dam. The Florida-bred colt failed to meet his reserve at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky October Yearling Sale at $14,000.
The fastest quarter-mile on the final day of the under tack show was shared by three juvenile colts who breezed in :20 4/5.
The Violence colt consigned as Hip 446 breezes a quarter-mile in :20 4/5 at the third day of the OBS under tack show
- Hip 446: consigned by Eddie Woods, agent the Violence colt named Series Star, is out of the street cry damn Freedom Star , winner of the 2010 Azeri Stakes (G3). He is a half sibling to stakes placed Brookys Star . Bred in Kentucky by filmmaker George Krikorian, he went through the Keeneland September Yearling Sale and most recently the OBS October Sale, failing to sell on a final bid of $24,000.
- Hip 456: a colt by Awesome Slew , consigned by Ocala Stud, who stands the freshman sire for $4,000. Out of Genau, by Into Mischief , the colt is her second foal. Her 3-year-old, Golden Soda is a winner from two starts.
- Hip 521:, a colt by popular Spendthrift Farm leading sire Into Mischief comes from the impressive family of Precious Kitten , a multiple grade winner of close to $2 million who raced on both surfaces. She is also the dam of multiple graded stakes-winning Divining Rod . Golden Rock Thoroughbreds, agent consigns the Kentucky-bred colt from Barn 14. He was purchased from the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky October Yearling Sale for $72,000.
Over the past three days of under tack shows, Hip 139 breezed the fastest eighth-mile in :09 3/5. Consigned by Really and Truly Thoroughbreds, agent the Bayern colt is the first foal out of unraced Sophia Mia. The colt comes from the family of stakes winner Amie’s Dini , who was second-best in the Honeybee Stakes (G3), Fantasy Stakes (G2), and third in the Delaware Oaks (G2). Bred in Florida by Caperlane Farm, he returns to OBS after initially selling at the OBS October sale for $12,000.
Over the three under tack days, one 2-year-old achieved the fastest quarter-mile time of :20 2/5, Hip 213, a filly by Goodbye Charlie . Consigned by Ocala Stud, agent the Florida-bred filly is out of the stakes winning AP-Jet pond Travelator third runner up in the Floral Park Handicap (G3), Distaff Breeders’ Cup Handicap (G2) at Aqueductand the Gallant Bloom Handicap (G2).
Sign up for BloodHorse Daily
The sale begins March 15 with Hips 1 through 316 to go through the ring at a revised start time of 1:00 pm ET, allowing buyers the opportunity to inspect horses in the morning. March 16, the sale begins at 10:30 am with Hips 317 thru 635 under the hammer.
As of Sunday evening, there are 140 horses with drawn from the sale.