Fuming and so… viewers SLAM unrealistic dating apps

The seventh episode of And Just Like That… saw Carrie dating again for the first time since the tragic death of her husband Big.

Fans saw the former technophobe, played by Sarah Jessica Parker, hit the field again with the help of dating apps; however, fans were less than pleased with the “unrealistic” portrayal of online dating.

After being hired by her friend Seema Patel, played by Sarita Choudhury, Carrie slips through just three profiles before matching up with a fellow widower, in a move criticized by viewers who claim such success is “unheard of”.

‘This is unheard of!’ Fuming and so on… Viewers criticized unrealistic portrayal of ‘creepy and mental’ dating apps after Carrie’s ‘first and only match ends up being decent’

Carrie’s return to the field in the episode came after her publisher read her sad memoir and told the author she had to give her viewers “a ray of hope” by asking her to go to “a quote” to contribute to an epilogue.

Though hesitant at first, he agrees to get into the dating world and swipes the app where he “matches” the character of Jon Tenney’s teacher.

The duo is then seen going on a date, which ends with them both throwing up in the street, before agreeing to a second meeting at the end of the episode when she discovers that he is a teacher at Charlotte Boys’ Schools, played by Kristin Davis.

The main source of chagrin for viewers was the lack of realism in Carrie’s instant success on the oft-criticized dating apps, which were engineered into Tinder.

Dating in a storm!  The seventh episode of And Just Like That... saw Carrie date again for the first time since her husband Big's tragic death for an evening with Master Peter.

Dating in a storm! The seventh episode of And Just Like That… saw Carrie date again for the first time since her husband Big’s tragic death for an evening with Master Peter.

oops!  After being hired by her friend Seema Patel, played by Sarita Choudhury, Carrie slips through just three profiles before being paired with a fellow widower, in a move criticized by viewers who claim such success is

oops! After being hired by her friend Seema Patel, played by Sarita Choudhury, Carrie slips through just three profiles before being paired with a fellow widower, in a move criticized by viewers who claim such success is “unheard of”.

Fans flooded Twitter to write, “I’m only halfway through the new episode but if Carrie likes once (1 time) on a dating app and gets a date…

‘I’m going to go completely crazy… I know #ajlt can’t be a real show because Carrie’s first and only match on a dating app ended up being decent?…

‘Unheard. And where were the photos of the fish? The hunting photos? The group photos where there is a handsome guy but the profile is for his friend?…

Hmm... Fans flooded Twitter to write:

Hmm… Fans flooded Twitter to write, “I’m only halfway through the new episode but if Carrie likes once (1 time) on a dating app and gets a date.”

uh oh!  The date did not quite go according to plan due to the unhealthy end of the proceedings.

uh oh! The date did not quite go according to plan due to the unhealthy end of the proceedings.

‘I don’t know, it looks fishy… And before you say “it’s in New York! It’s different from the south!” No, it’s not. His fish photos are replaced by (1) Wolf of Wall Street, ( 2) Larry David or (3) hair gel Just varying forms of “my personality is ___.”

Another sticking point was logistics, as Carrie was able to swipe potential suitors and then return to their profiles…

‘something that is impossible in most applications, since once a profile is rejected, it is usually not possible to go back to it’.

Final Things: The end of the episode sees the duo planning a second date.

Final Things: The end of the episode sees the duo planning a second date.

That is not right?  Another sticking point was logistics, as Carrie was able to swipe potential suitors and then return to their profiles.

That is not right? Another sticking point was logistics, as Carrie was able to swipe potential suitors and then return to their profiles.

Critics wrote: ‘Wait a MINUTE! What dating app is Carrie on, on #AndJustLikeThat that she can swipe left then back for another look?…

‘What the heck is the app that I can swipe back more than once?!… Carrie must be paying for premium dating apps because you can’t just swipe back like that on the free version #AndJustLikeThat…’

The fact that Carrie was on a “normal” dating site was the next problem, as viewers suggested that she should be on the Raya celebrity dating site instead of a typical app.

Rich Woman: Carrie being on a 'normal' dating site was the next problem as viewers suggested she should be on the Raya celebrity dating site instead of a typical app.

Rich Woman: Carrie being on a ‘normal’ dating site was the next problem as viewers suggested she should be on the Raya celebrity dating site instead of a typical app.

They wrote: ‘I feel like the #AndJustLikeThat writers need to get out more. Why does Carrie use Tinder and not Raya or something?

We all know that Tinder is the dating app… Do women this rich need these dating apps? Or they have some specials because Carrie on Hinge or Bumble is horrible. Seems too much tbh’.

It wasn’t all criticism though, as one delighted viewer wrote: ‘carrie bradshaw on dating apps, iconic already #AndJustLikeThat’.

Delight: It wasn't all criticism though, as one delighted viewer wrote: 'carrie bradshaw on already iconic dating apps #AndJustLikeThat'

Delight: It wasn’t all criticism though, as one delighted viewer wrote: ‘carrie bradshaw on already iconic dating apps #AndJustLikeThat’

.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published.