Ricky Martin's nephew drops 'incest' claim - petsitterbank

Ricky Martin’s nephew drops ‘incest’ claim

Ricky Martin’s 21-year-old nephew’s protection order against the “Livin’ La Vida Loca” singer has been dismissed following bombshell incest allegations.

Attorneys for Martin, 50, told Page Six that the court in Puerto Rico did not extend Dennis Yadiel Sanchez’s temporary protection order just as they had “anticipated”.

“The accuser confirmed to the court that his decision to dismiss the matter was his alone, without any outside influence or pressure, and the accuser confirmed he was satisfied with his legal representation in the matter,” lawyers Joaquín Monserrate Matienzo, Carmelo Dávila and Harry Massanet Pastrana said in a joint statement.

“The request came from the accuser asking to dismiss the case. This was never anything more than a troubled individual making false allegations with absolutely nothing to substantiate them.”

The attorneys concluded: “We are glad that our client saw justice done and can now move forward with his life and his career.”

Martin also released a statement himself, via a two-minute video obtained by TMZ. In it, he explained his earlier silence from him and spoke directly to his nephew from him, saying he hopes he “does n’t hurt anybody else.”

“I’m in front of the cameras today because I really need to talk in order for me to start my healing process,” Martin said. “For two weeks, I was not allowed to defend myself because I was following a procedure where the law – the law – obliged me not to talk until I was in front of the judge and got these claims were proven to be false.”

“But I’m going to tell you the truth. It has been so painful. It has been devastating for me, for my family, for my friends. I don’t wish this upon anybody. To the person who was claiming this nonsense, I wish him the best – and I wish he finds the help so he can start a new life filled with love and truth and joy – and he doesn’t hurt anybody else.”

“Now, my priority is to heal and how do I heal? With music,” Martin continued. “I cannot wait to be back on stage. I cannot wait to be back in front of the cameras and entertain, which is what I do best.”

“Thank you to all my friends. Thank you to all the fans who always believed in me. You have no idea the strength that you gave me with every comment you wrote on social media. I wish you love and light – and here we come with the same strength and passion.”

Martin’s husband of five years, artist Jwan Yosef, also broke his silence today, posting a photo of the couple together on Instagram with the caption: “Truth prevails.”

Earlier this month, Martin was hit with a domestic violence-related restraining order, but his accuser’s identity was not known at the time.

The initial reports stated that the alleged victim claimed he and the “She Bangs” singer dated for seven months, but after they broke up two months ago, the superstar allegedly did not accept the split and was seen at the petitioner’s house at least three times .

Martin’s reps immediately denied the claims, stating at the time that the singer, who has been married to artist Jwan Yosef since 2017, would be “fully vindicated”.

Then, on July 13, a bomb was dropped when Martin’s brother, Eric Martin, revealed his nephew was behind the allegations, elevating the accusations to a crime of incest, which has a sentence of 50 years in prison.

Marty Singer, another one of Ricky’s attorneys, told Page Six at the time: “Unfortunately, the person who made this claim is struggling with deep mental health challenges. Ricky Martin has, of course, never been-and would never be-involved in any kind of sexual or romantic relationship with his nephew. The idea is not only untrue, it is disgusting.”

The high-powered lawyer concluded: “We all hope that this man gets the help he so urgently needs. But, most of all, we look forward to this awful case being dismissed as soon as a judge gets to look at the facts.”

Ricky posted on social media after the news broke a copy of the decision alongside his attorneys’ statement with the caption: “Truth prevails.”

This story was originally published by Page Six and has been reproduced with permission.

.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *